Wibaux to Chief Mountain
From east to west, all 23 breweries, 13-15 days.
- Day 1: Beaver Creek Brewery (Wibaux)
- Day 2: Missouri Breaks (Wolf Point) Angry Hank's Brewery, Carter's Brewing, Montana Brewing, and Yellowstone Valley Brewing (Billings)
- Day 3: Fat Jack's (Laurel) Sam's Taproom at Red Lodge Ales (Red Lodge)
- Day 4: Lone Peak Brewery (Big Sky)
- Day 5: Madison River Brewing (Belgrade), Bozeman Brewing, 406 Brewing (Bozeman),
- Day 6: Neptune's Brewery (Livingston) Harvest Moon Brewing (Belt)
- Day 7: Bowser Brewing (Great Falls) Blackfoot River Brewing and Lewis & Clark Brewing (Helena)
- Day 8: Quarry Brewery (Butte, America)
- Day 9: Bitter Root Brewing (Hamilton)
- Day 10: Blacksmith Brewing (Stevensville), Bayern Brewing, Big Sky Brewing, Kettlehouse Brewing, Draught Works (Missoula)
- Day 11: Glacier Brewing (Polson)
- Day 12: Tamarack Brewing (Lakeside), Flathead Lake Brewing (Woods Bay), Great Northern Brewing (Whitefish)
- Day 13: Points North
From Butte, you have several options to get to the next brewery, Bitter Root Brewing in Hamilton.
View Wibaux to Chief Mountain - Day Nine in a larger map
For the more adventurous traveler, perhaps the most scenic route would be driving west on I-90 and I-15 until you can turn on State Highway 1 to Anaconda. Stay on Highway 1 until you turn west (left) on State Highway 38 just past massive Georgetown Lake and stay on it until you hit Hamilton. A very scenic route, but partly on a major, unpaved road, so if this isn't your thing, you might want to take the Big Hole Route, which might be as scenic.
View Wibaux to Chief
Mountain - Day 9a
in a larger map
To find the Big Hole route, turn south (left) on I-15 west of Butte and head toward Dillon. Turn west (right) at Divide onto State Highway 43, which follows the famous Big Hole River, another world-renown trout stream. You probably have time for a stop at the Big Hole National Battlefield, where the Nez Perce fought off a surprise nocturnal attack by the U.S. Army during their epic flight. When you reach the junction with U.S. Highway 93, turn north (right) and head up to Hamilton for the night. Be sure to get there in time for a few samples of the Last Best Brew and a nice dinner at Bitter Root Brewing and the Brewer's Grill, which are in the same building.
Your safety is important to us. Please drink responsibly. If you are drinking alcholol, please be certain to include a designated sober driver; do not drink and drive. It is against the law to drive or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle when blood alcohol content level is at .08% or more.