Wibaux to Chief Mountain
From east to west, all 23 breweries, 13-15 days.
- Day 1: Beaver Creek Brewery (Wibaux)
- Day 2: Missouri Breaks (Wolf Point) Angry Hank's Brewery, Carter's Brewing, Montana Brewing, and Yellowstone Valley Brewing (Billings)
- Day 3: Fat Jack's (Laurel) Sam's Taproom at Red Lodge Ales (Red Lodge)
- Day 4: Lone Peak Brewery (Big Sky)
- Day 5: Madison River Brewing (Belgrade), Bozeman Brewing, 406 Brewing (Bozeman),
- Day 6: Neptune's Brewery (Livingston) Harvest Moon Brewing (Belt)
- Day 7: Bowser Brewing (Great Falls) Blackfoot River Brewing and Lewis & Clark Brewing (Helena)
- Day 8: Quarry Brewery (Butte, America)
- Day 9: Bitter Root Brewing (Hamilton)
- Day 10: Blacksmith Brewing (Stevensville), Bayern Brewing, Big Sky Brewing, Kettlehouse Brewing, Draught Works (Missoula)
- Day 11: Glacier Brewing (Polson)
- Day 12: Tamarack Brewing (Lakeside), Flathead Lake Brewing (Woods Bay), Great Northern Brewing (Whitefish)
- Day 13: Points North
In the morning, spend a few hours checking out the C.M. Russell Museum or Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center before heading for another of Montana's new breweries, Bowser Brewing. Then, head south on I-15.
View Wibaux to Chief
Mountain - Day Seven
in a larger map
You can stay on the freeway the entire 95 miles or get off on Cascade and take the old frontage road, now called the Missouri River Recreation Road and managed by Montana State Parks Department. Along it you'll find some great scenery as you retrace the steps of Lewis and Clark up the mighty Mo, along with a series of outstanding fishing access sites and picnic areas. If you're interested in fly fishing, stop at Craig and line up a trip with one of the three fly shops there, all specializing in guided trips on this stretch of the Missouri, a world-famous rainbow and brown trout fishery.
Assuming you don't spend an extra day fly casting, you should be in Helena in plenty of time to check out the capital city's two breweries, both recently expanded, Blackfoot River Brewing and Lewis and Clark Brewing. It's only a one- or two-block walk to several fine restaurants from the Blackfoot River taproom. Stay in Helena that night.
Your safety is important to us. Please drink responsibly. If you are drinking alcholol, please be certain to include a designated sober driver; do not drink and drive. It is against the law to drive or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle when blood alcohol content level is at .08% or more.