Wibaux to Chief Mountain
From east to west, all 23 breweries, 13-15 days.
- Day 1: Beaver Creek Brewery (Wibaux)
- Day 2: Missouri Breaks (Wolf Point) Angry Hank's Brewery, Carter's Brewing, Montana Brewing, and Yellowstone Valley Brewing (Billings)
- Day 3: Fat Jack's (Laurel) Sam's Taproom at Red Lodge Ales (Red Lodge)
- Day 4: Lone Peak Brewery (Big Sky)
- Day 5: Madison River Brewing (Belgrade), Bozeman Brewing, 406 Brewing (Bozeman),
- Day 6: Neptune's Brewery (Livingston) Harvest Moon Brewing (Belt)
- Day 7: Bowser Brewing (Great Falls) Blackfoot River Brewing and Lewis & Clark Brewing (Helena)
- Day 8: Quarry Brewery (Butte, America)
- Day 9: Bitter Root Brewing (Hamilton)
- Day 10: Blacksmith Brewing (Stevensville), Bayern Brewing, Big Sky Brewing, Kettlehouse Brewing, Draught Works (Missoula)
- Day 11: Glacier Brewing (Polson)
- Day 12: Tamarack Brewing (Lakeside), Flathead Lake Brewing (Woods Bay), Great Northern Brewing (Whitefish)
- Day 13: Points North
The next morning, you can spend a few hours in Bozeman, shopping or perhaps visiting the Museum of the Rockies before jumping back on 1-90 heading east to Livingston, home of Neptune's Brewing.
View Wibaux to Chief Mountain - Day Six in a larger map
After visiting Neptune's and having lunch in Livingston, get back on 1-90 East, but only for a few miles until you turn north (left) on U.S. 89. This route goes through some "Real Montana" where the mountains meet the plains, through several classic Montana small towns like Clyde Park Wilsall, Ringling and White Sulphur Springs, and through the Lewis and Clark National Forest by Showdown Ski Area and onto Belt where you'll find Montana second really-small-town brewery, Harvest Moon Brewing, maker of two of Montana's most famous brews, Pigs Ass Porter and Beltian White. If you need to get luch along the way, try the Wilsall Bar & Café, which not only offers some great chow but also has Montana microbrews on tap. You need to get to Belt before 4 pm on a weekday, though, which is when the taproom closes, so if you want to check out Sluice Boxes State Park along the way, leave early.
After a little tasting at the Harvest Moon tasting room, get back on U.S. 89 and head for Great Falls for dinner and lodging.
Your safety is important to us. Please drink responsibly. If you are drinking alcholol, please be certain to include a designated sober driver; do not drink and drive. It is against the law to drive or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle when blood alcohol content level is at .08% or more.