Great Divide Brewery Trail
Starting and ending in Helena, 13 breweries, 7-10 days
- DAY 1: HELENA - Blackfoot River Brewing and Lewis & Clark Brewing
- DAY 2: BUTTE: Quarry Brewing
- DAY 3: HAMILTON: Bitterroot Brewing
- DAY 4: STEVENSVILLE: Blacksmith Brewing MISSOULA: Bayern Brewing, Big Sky Brewing and Kettlehouse Brewery
- DAY 5: POLSON: Glacier Brewing
- DAY 6: LAKESIDE: The Rack. WOODS BAY: Flathead Lake Brewing. WHITEFISH: Great Northern Brewing
- DAY 7: BELT Harvest Moon Brewing
- DAY 8: HELENA
Pam & Mike Howard
and Jurgen Knoller.
Day Four: Stevensville - Blacksmith Brewing; Missoula - Bayern Brewing, Big Sky Brewing & Kettlehouse Brewery.
In the morning, take hike in the Bitterroot Mountains or fish the Bitterroot River before heading north on U.S. 93 toward Missoula. Along the way, hit the Blacksmith Brewing taproom, Montana's newest brewery in Montana's oldest community, Stevensville. You can take the East River Road, State Highway 269, from Hamilton to Stevensville, if you like a slower, more relaxed trip through a rural landscape with less traffic. If you have enough time in Stevensville, you can also check out Fort Owen State Park and St. Mary's Mission. Be sure to get to Missoula early enough to enjoy all three of the Garden's City's great craft breweries--Bayern, Big Sky and Kettlehouse, which has two taprooms one on each side of town. Stay in Missoula that night. (For detailed directions on finding them go to the Missoula Brewery Trail section of this website.)
View Great Divide - Day 4
in a larger map
Your safety is important to us. Please drink responsibly. If you are drinking alcholol, please be certain to include a designated sober driver; do not drink and drive. It is against the law to drive or be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle when blood alcohol content level is at .08% or more.